By: Daniel Lebovitz, Grade 8,
1/2 Cup softened butter, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 egg, 1 1/4 cup of flour plus 2 tablespoons, 1 teaspoon cream of tartar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, dash of salt, 4 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
This cookie recipe is great for the holidays. It doesn't consist of any witches. Ha ha! This treat is easy to make in less than 8- 10 minutes. Say your late to a party on halloween and you have to bring something to eat. What do you? I'll tell you, you grab the ingredients and get cooking with Daniel.
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and the sugar; add the egg and mix until creamy.
2. In a medium size-mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
4. Place dough in sealed container. Chill dough in refrigerator.
5. Mix the 4 1/2 teaspoons of sugar and cinnamon in a small baggie. Shake to mix and let sit.
6. Preheat oven to 400 F.
7. Chill 2 ungreased cookie sheets in the fridge for 15 minutes.
8. Scoop up 1- inch globes of dough and gently roll them in the sugar- cinnamon mixture.
9. Place dough globes 2- inches apart on a chilled, ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are light brown, but still soft.
10. Remove cookies from pan immediately and place on cooling rack.
As you can see this very simple recipe is good for anyone who can really, work the oven. Ha Ha! I would also like to thank Mrs. Richardson for giving me this fabulous recipe. Have fun and Enjoy!